Tell me a fact, and I’ll believe you. Tell me a story, and I’ll keep it in my heart forever!
Speakers Bureau for Adults and Businesses
Our speakers bureau, featuring our leadership and clients, is a way for us to share our inspiring story with the community. Speakers are available to speak at businesses, community groups, schools, etc. For adult and business audiences, we will share our clients’ stories of overcoming challenges motivating your audience to work to achieve their greatest individual potential.
- Focusing on potential not limitations.
- What we all share in common – including people with IDD.
- There is only one ‘spectrum’ and we’ll all on it – just standing in different spots.
- When life forces us to go to Plan B: loving, helping, living with and raising a child, sibling, grandchild with special needs.
Speakers Bureau for Students
Everyone has a challenge or burden in their lives. Each one of us. Some people’s challenges are obvious, others must be brave and share what cannot be seen. We encourage you to think about your personal burdens and work through them, but not let them define you.
At schools, we talk to the students about how bullying affects each of us. We talk about how to defend and befriend those who are being bullied, especially students with special needs.
- Kids with special needs like the same things as ‘typical’ kids.
- It is easy to include kids with special needs in your friend group.
- We share strategies and tips to ease into a friendship with a student with special needs – so it’s not so scary or feels weird.
May we share our story with you?
Thank you for completing the form below.
*The Mission Road Speakers Bureau is a Girl Scout Gold Award created by Addison Nelson.