We are celebrating our 75th anniversary!
Mission Road Ministries is a non-profit organization located in San Antonio, Texas, serving more than 650 children & adults with (IDD) intellectual and developmental disabilities each day with residential, day activity services, and vocational programs. Mission Road receives support from the United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County, governmental funding, and private donations from foundations and individuals.
Founded in 1947, Mission Road is one of two non-profit organizations in Texas caring for children with developmental disabilities who have been removed from their family by the Texas Department of Protective and Regulatory Services (TDPRS) because of neglect and abuse.
We focus on potential not limitations.
Share a moment to read these quick and comprehensive overviews of Mission Road
Intellectual and developmental disability is characterized by significant limitations in intellectual functioning and in adaptive behavior, which covers many every day social and practical skills. Developmental disabilities are severe, lifelong disabilities attributable to mental and/or physical impairments which manifest themselves before the age of 22 years and are likely to continue indefinitely. Intellectual developmental disabilities include Down syndrome, Fragile X, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Shaken Baby Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, and hundreds of other specific diagnoses that also involve IDD. Intellectual and developmental disability is a condition, not an illness. It is not currently curable.
- Faith – Christian Faith is the foundation of our ministry.
- Family – We are committed to each other through unconditional love, care, and understanding.
- Integrity – We conduct ourselves with compassionate honesty, ethical behavior, and responsible leadership.
- Respect – We accept the individuality of each person and value their contribution.
- Teamwork – Relying on each other, we can achieve Mission Road Ministries’ mission.