We have fun!
Free To Be is our Day Activity & Health Services program, which provides a stimulating environment for adults with IDD (intellectual and other developmental disabilities) and mild to severe medical needs. Through the years this program has been referred to as adult day care, adult day hab (habilitation), and DAHS (Day Activity Health Services). The health and well being of the people in our care and their families is our top priority. With the continued challenges of COVID, our Free To Be Day Activity Program is currently open to residents of our Mission Road Community homes. Residents of private homes and other community homes will be invited as space and safety measures permit.
- Open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- at our 22-acre campus on the banks of the San Antonio River near Mission San Juan
- For adults with differing levels of disability
- Helping the physical, mental, medical and social needs of our clients
- Helping adults who may not be eligible for traditional day services due to the extent of their disability
Helping your loved one reach their greatest, God-given potential for Independence, Productivity and Inclusion in the Community
Where do we go? What do we do?
- Frequent field trips – Tobin Center, Zoo, Movies, the Missions, Rampage Games, Silver Stars games, Morgan’s Wonderland, Witte Museum and more!
- Stimulating classroom activities – Baking in our life skills kitchen, Painting, Ceramics
- Daily outdoor activities at our Fitness Park, Sports Court, air conditioned gym, olive orchard, two playgrounds & covered swimming pool!!
- Homemade, nutritious yummy lunch and snacks
- Scroll down to see this month’s activity calendar
Want to see how much fun we have?
The Texas Health & Human Services Commission monitor and license the program.