We have fun!
The Unicorn Center Day Activity program provides our clients with an active, vibrant day program. Our team works closely with our clients – adults with IDD, to be included in a community-based environment where we help them learn, improve and retain the life skills that are essential to live and participate successfully in home and community life.
We helped feed 5,000 people and had fun doing it! CLICK HERE to learn more. Unicorn has been teaming with financial partners, neighboring congregations, and local charities in this inclusive ministry that allows our people to play a role in uplifting the lives of others who are struggling. Dozens of Unicorn clients have participated.
Visit our Facebook page to see all the great photos!
- Life Skills Activities include:
- Kitchen and laundry skills
- Following a recipe
- Safely using a stove, oven and dishwasher
- Food safety and Meal Planning
- Washing and drying clothes
- Money Management
- Recognizing coins and paper money
- Making change
- Writing a check and making bank deposits
- Health & Hygiene
- Personal grooming
- Brushing your teeth
- Hair & Skin Care
- Hand Washing
- Daily exercise
- Walking & Jogging
- Yoga & Dancing
- Resistance & Weight Training
- Managing My Emotions & Mental Health
- Counting on myself
- Choosing kind words & actions
- Taking medication
- Sleep and Relaxation Techniques
And we’re just getting started!
In addition to job and life skills training, Unicorn Center hosts structured social, recreational and educational activities. These events provide a foundation for positive growth and development.
- Current Events
- Exercise Room
- Meals on Wheels (We donate our time too!)
- Social Skills
- Arts & Crafts
Best of all… Field Trips!
- Movie Day at Santikos
- Fire Station Tour
- Historic San Antonio Mission Tours
- San Antonio Public Library
- H-E-B Shopping & Food Tours
- and much more!